Agenda 2024 coming soon...
If you would like to be a speaker at this event, please contact sean.collins@iQ-Hub.com, subject heading “Call for Papers - REFRAC WELLS CANADA 2024”.
- Understanding the driving factors for refracturing (or not) wells
- Refrac trends compared to oil prices in the USA, an active refrac area
- Production case studies in refracturing (USA Bakken, Duvernay, Montney)
- Review of some innovative technology available for successful refracturing
- Overview of the refractured wells in the North Dakota portion of the Bakken Petroleum System as of 2021
- Economic assessment, the performance of the wells in the Refrac database, and analysis of frac hit from refracturing
University of North Dakota
- Refracturing in multistage open-hole horizontal completion – experience and lessons learned
- Discussion on Black sea offshore reservoirs and refracturing in onshore vertical well – case history
S.C. OMV PETROM S.A.
- To design a refrac job, information about the first part of hydrocarbon production is an absolute requirement
- Utilizing AI to identify “how” and “where” Re-Frac must be performed is all based on actual data
- Avoiding assumptions, interpretations, and simplifications are the key benefits while using AI approaches
Intelligent Solutions, Inc.
- Monitoring oil and/or water returns with high resolution, down to an individual perforated cluster
- Propellant-assisted perforating extends fractures while injecting tracers
- Allows tracing in wells that are perforated and not hydraulically fractured
- Provides accurate tracing of bullhead refractured wells with long open intervals of newly fired perforations
- Can be applied to wells that are not sufficiently isolated between stages from poor cementing or leaking plugs
- Discussion on advantages and disadvantages of using HCL, mechanical and chemical diversion treatments
- Proven surfactant-based diverter viscosifies to the equivalent of 30 ppg frac gel but breaks to the viscosity of water
- Initially, fiber optic monitoring was used to qualify results. Expertise in design replaces costly monitoring methods
- These treatments are available on new carbonate wells as well as can provide production increases on existing wells
Vande Consulting Services Ltd
- Discussion on the various options and evolution of how cemented refrac liners have been deployed
- Deployment of a cemented liner hanger without the need for intervention, casing bond logs, and multiple trips
- Challenges with cemented refrac liners – cementing, casing running restrictions, well integrity post-cementing, etc.
- Presentation focusing on the importance of liner top isolation and the associated risk of poor liner top isolation
Vertice Oil Tools
- Understanding the use of acoustic pulses to measure diverter effectiveness while continuously pumping
- Identifying the changes in fluid point of entry along the wellbore as a result of the diverter material
- Discussion on the method adopted by Eagle Ford operator and results from utilizing such technology
- The refrac operations in North America: a review of case studies
- Understanding the challenges in refracs and their solutions
- Estimation of the orthogonality between the old and new hydraulic fractures after refracturing
- Discussion on case studies of 7 wells for fracture geometry analysis and well productivity data
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Advantages of downhole pressure transient analysis of isolated zones for diagnosing fracture properties
- Overview of the tool operation in multistage wells and discussion on example data for a better understanding
- A novel approach for quantifying casing thickness, corrosion, and mechanical damage defects
- Technological advancements and high-resolution acoustic imaging to de-risk refrac operations
- Discussion on identifying potential issues prior to the execution phase and maximizing ROI
DarkVision Technologies Inc.
- Low-carbon, ESG-friendly chemistries that are successfully boosting production
- Understanding the ways to customize and winterize to ensure peak productivity
- Looking at the data demonstrating impressive results from northern case studies
Locus Bio-Energy Solutions
Key topics for 2024:
- Making an economic assessment for refracturing low-producing wells
Understand the economic fundamentals and make the business case for refracturing existing wells to boost production
- Developing a well selection criteria and identifying suitable wells to refracture
Build take-home solutions for identifying suitable wells for refracturing to optimize recovery. What makes a suitable well for refracturing?
- How to de-risk refracturing projects from initial investment through to completions
Avoid the pitfalls and learn from recent results from refracturing efforts to build a low-risk operational plan
- Looking at cost reduction strategies for operations in a low-price environment
Ensure a low cost operation is maintained throughout the refracturing process in light of the current low oil price market
- New technologies and technical know-how for a successful refracture
Explore the latest advances in refracture technologies and the tools available to improve on efficiencies and success rates of refracture operations
- Operational case studies and post-refracturing diagnostics data
Gain insights from multiple refracture case studies and implement strategies that others in the industry use to ensure a successful refracture
Join us as a sponsor for this IQ International conference! Reach your target audience, limit competitor influence at the conference and become a keynote speaker, while sharing your company's solutions for this industry.
- Get registration discounts
- Enhance your brand awareness
- Additional marketing opportunities